Enough for the Journey


Image result for broken gas gaugeI use to have a car that was in pretty good shape. It ran well, good tires, quiet engine, air, and good heat. The only problem was that the gas gage did not work. I would always find myself worrying if I would run out of gas. I would constantly try and remember where I'd been, how far I'd gone and when the last time I filled up. I worried about what I Knew I had, but could not see.

Our journey in Christ can sometimes feel like we are walking around with a broken gauge. We know that God has filled us up with what we need,  but we find ourselves second-guessing whether or not we have enough spiritual fuel for the journey. We overthink, underestimate and rely on our flesh and emotions to determine whether or not we can complete, let alone start this leg our of the journey.

We must have faith that if God placed His anointing on us and His Spirit in us we are assured that we are enough and have enough for the journey, even when we don't see it.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11  (NIV)

Be Blessed, G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Purpose is a Blessing

Be Careful How You Treat Others

Purpose: Perspective and Position