Somebody needs to see your faith


I believe God speaks purposefully to me in dreams... whether it's guidance, direction, prophetic... I'm not always sure... so let me share a dream I had.

I was traveling alone on a train, an El train to be exact... I did not know the destination... as we approached the end of the line, I was not at all familiar with where I was... but I kept going... I got off the train and made my way to this church... I didn't recognize it nor anyone there. A few people acknowledged me as if they knew me. Soon the presider took the podium and announce the names of several women who will be sharing the word with everyone, and to my surprise I was in that number... I was shocked, but not afraid... my only apprehension was lack of preparation and of course a scriptural reference... as if he read my thoughts, the presider in a joking manner said, "finally we will have the young lady who is looking for a scripture come forward..." as I got up from my seat, the Lord placed in my heart... "trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine on understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy path"


 As I begin to speak, the Lord directed me on how to connect with the audience of predominantly ladies by of course talking about our children... many did not acknowledge that they had kids, but God confirmed in my spirit that they did, and encouraged me to keep going... I shared the story of my sister's death, I shared the story of my other sisters choices and the people it affected... I shared our church experiences and how being hurt by those in the church is the most deep wound you could have... I shared how I felt as if my life seemed like I was in a series of rolling storms, but how each time I stepped out of the boat, I always found dry land... how God was always there to part my Red Sea when it seemed I had nowhere to go. I shared the time time I cried out to God laying across the hotel room bed, drenched in tears and broken from all that I had been going through. Crying out to God on behalf of my family... tired of the storms, ready to quit, ready to give up and God showed me that if just changed my perspective I could see that my dry ground was on a few feet away.
I began to wake up out of my dream... but the preaching continued as I woke up... my pillow drenched with tears speaking out to God... sharing that
no matter the storms that we go through we have a God that will always provide us with dry ground... no matter how insurmountable the situation, God will provide us with dry ground... no matter how impossible the task, God will provide us with dry ground... no matter how lonely we fill God is always with us... .. as my head cleared and my tears dried, I asked God why... why the dream, why the words, why the tears... He said to me... this is your testimony, your journey, your makeup, your purpose... I have lead you through many places and experiences from youth ministry, to state, and national teaching of youth, youth workers, young adults, and women... these are the things that have molded you and prepared you for where you are and those you will minister to... the journey is not over... it's time for a new beginning...take what I have shown you and use it to reach those who feel that no one knows their pain... use it to reach those not sure how to heal, use it to reach those seeking dry ground... use it for my people and their healing... Many, including your own family still don't understand how you keep going, keep smiling, keep seeking me for an answer... how things work out amongst impossible odds... but we know, you and I know that you have always kept your eyes on me... and although you did not see dry ground... you saw Faith... and that is what you stepped out on... be encouraged daughter... storms are still on the horizon , but I am still your God, your foundation, and where your faith lies... hold on... somebody is watching and needs to see your strength and faith... somebody needs to know that it is already alright, somebody needs to see your faith...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Purpose is a Blessing

Be Careful How You Treat Others

Purpose: Perspective and Position