Purpose: Perspective and Position

My husband and I have always believed that participating in sports would be beneficial to my children in order for them to learn teamwork, rules, etc. We were blessed to have some pretty awesome coaches cross path with our kids. One coach, in particular, left a lasting impression and life long lesson with me as he coached my middle son. My middle son was scrappy, quick and ...well... he just wanted to hit something. The coaches were allowed to remain on the field with the players to give direction, make adjustments, and call plays. I began to notice that he would at times grab the back of my son's jersey, move him from side to side and eventually point him in the direction and toward the person he wanted him to tackle. We laughed and joked about it because it started to make my son look like he was going to attack someone or something as soon as the coach let him go. Sure enough time after time, he would reach his mark and fulfill his purpose. It wasn't long before the coach could just talk him through it, and eventually, my son no longer needed the hands-on approach from the coach. He had found perspective and learned to scan the field effectively. He also learned the importance of not only the logistical position on the field but his position on the team. He was able to execute the play and fulfill his purpose.


"For it was You who created my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I will praise You because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and I know this very well.  My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when I was formed in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began. " Psalm 139:13-16

God knew your purpose before you were born. God also knows your current position and your needed perspective during the various stages of your journey.  It is up to you to seek Him on how to effectively execute the play and fulfill His purpose.

Let your prayer be as simple as "Lord, grab my jersey, help me scan the field of life, point me in the right direction, and release me in your time to fulfill my purpose .... until I can do it on my on." Amen

Be Blessed,
G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Purpose is a Blessing

Be Careful How You Treat Others