Who's Watching

Have you ever taken the time to consider who is watching you. As a the wife of a Pastor, we often say that our life is like living in a fishbowl. Everyone is watching you for the good, bad, and the ugly. For that reason, I am always conscious of how people see me. First, am I being real with them, myself, and God. Second, I am representing God well. Third, am I setting a positive example for whoever is watching. 

I would never be so self-righteous to say that I never slip up, or make mistakes, I'm human. I've spoken out of anger, and out of places of hurt and pain. I've at times behaved selfishly. The spiritual connection is that I recognize  my faults and failures, ask for forgiveness, and try with Gods guidance to do better. 

Many people in leadership who fall, fall hard because they always put on the front that they are blameless. There is no one blameless, except God. All we can be is the best us we can. Let God fill in the voids and gaps of your imperfections. Seek Him to guide you and give you direction on what to say and do. If you miss the mark... ask Him for help... and keep pressing toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. With that, it won't matter who's watching, because everyone will see the purpose and journey that God wants them to see.

Be Blessed, G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Purpose is a Blessing

Be Careful How You Treat Others

Purpose: Perspective and Position