Sheltered In Place



Entering the 3rd week of shelter in place from this pandemic I've found myself seeking a spiritual balance for a new normal. During my old normal, I had grown accustomed to my morning prayer time as I traveled to work, my devotional reading time at the beginning of my workday, my daily opportunities to share and witness with co-workers throughout the day. Earlier this week I began to notice myself replacing those spiritual normals with new normals that didn't always include God. I found myself distracted by fear, worry, and despair. It's not that I had lost faith but I allowed Satan to distract me and shift my focus. I felt like Peter when he took his eyes off Jesus. As we navigate through this new normal of isolation and separation from man, we must remember that we are never separated from God. "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.." Psalms 46:1 To add to that assurance, God had me to read deeper into the passage that talked about the storm and God calling for Peace... there were smaller boats that accompanied them... God was present in the main boat but His presence brought peace to those smaller boats. So as you shelter in place, seek His Peace and Presence so that we can help others to turn back to God! Unapologetically, G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Purpose is a Blessing

Be Careful How You Treat Others

Purpose: Perspective and Position