Keep The Scars

Image result for I'm keeping my scarsAs a child, when I would get hurt I would always tell the story of what happened. If I fell off my bike, I would share how fast I was going and what I was trying to jump over. When I fell out of the tree, I bragged about how high I got before I slipped. Those experiences produced scars. The scars I acquired in my youth all came with a story of triumph.

As we get older our scars no longer remind us of the triumphs, but of the pain, the lies, the helplessness, and worthlessness. The enemy uses them against us. He uses them as a trap and we become disappointed in whom we have become.

I am so glad that we have a God that takes our scars and turns them into badges of victory. We have a God that is crazy in love with us! He sees the scars whether internal or external and reminds us that its okay not to be ok because through whatever we are facing, he is there.

He seals the deal by showing us his scars. Understand that God could have removed his scars upon his resurrection, but he chose to keep them to show us how they changed from marks of death to marks of victory. Keep your scars, wear them proudly as a testimony to where God has brought you through.

 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

Unapologetically, G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Purpose is a Blessing

Be Careful How You Treat Others

Purpose: Perspective and Position