Do Your Words Glorify God and encourage Man?

If not, then why not? When I was young, my words were untamed, unseasoned, and sometimes downright ugly. I had the ability to put together a superlative string of offensive words and phrases.... in other words, I could cuss like a sailor. As I became older and wiser in my faith, I realized that my words had power...


Proverbs 18:21 "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those ... The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the ... the power of life and death, and those who love to talk will have to eat their own words." 

It took some time to correct this, but God gave me the tools to do so, and helps me to keep that urge under submission.
I often hear people come up with the excuses... "God is still working on me", "that is just who and am:. and so many more.
My question to you is are you not in control of your own body, and mind? And to my Christ Followers are we  encouraged by God to stand in His strength when we become weak.
I challenge you today, before you speak, try filtering your words and conversation through the Holy Spirit.
Always remember that Satan's job is to kill, steal, and destroy, but ours is to encourage the people of God and to give God glory in all we do.

Be Blessed,
G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Purpose is a Blessing

Be Careful How You Treat Others

Purpose: Perspective and Position