Becoming a Mountain Climber

I don't know anyone who has not faced a problem and thought or said that they wished God would just move it out of their way. I know that on many occasions, I just want God to step in and move people out of my life, change situations that burdened me.... I just wanted Him to fix it.

As I watched this years Olympics, I was amazed at the heart of those who while competing tripped and fell, but did not stay down. Even though they were out of medal contention they still finished.

This made me think how we as Christ Followers need to be persistent in our race. We are going to face many obstacles that will block us, knock us down, and even put us on our face, but we must get up and keep on until the race is finished.

Its easy to look up at our mountain, and just say "God fix it", but God has called us to be Mountain Climbers. He has called us to continue our spiritual workouts daily. He has called us to take care of our temples and be prepared for whatever we have to face. He has called us to use the tools he has set before us; prayer, studying to show ourselves approved, and putting our faith into practice...

It says in Romans 12:1-2
"12 Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship.[a] 2 Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God."


Lord, don't move my mountain, just give me the strength to climb.... Will you become a mountain climber with me?

Be Blessed!
G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Purpose is a Blessing

Be Careful How You Treat Others

Purpose: Perspective and Position